Posted November 4, 2015
Clinic: Clackamas/Happy Valley
– Verifies and enters assigned CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9/10 and modifiers to accurately reflect documented services.
– Coordinates entered data with billing to payers and patients.
– Resolves any problems relating to data and prepares data for electronic filing, storage and back-up.
– Posts charges, payments, notes and other related information to accounts as applicable.
– Works in coordination with peers, patients and payers regarding collection for services rendered.
– Performs related clerical duties, as assigned.
– Self-directed with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
– Understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions.
– Independent problem solver.
– Demonstrates discipline, competence and attention to detail.
– High school diploma or GED.
– Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9/10.
– Ability to accurately key numerical data at a minimum rate of 135 spm.
– A minimum of six (6) months recent experience as a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist or equivalent in a medical setting.
– Pass background check.
HOURS / BENEFITS:
Full/Part-Time, plus benefits